About Health Coaching...
I understand how all-consuming being a mum is. For every magical and rewarding moment there is a relentless and knackering time too. It doesn’t stop, no matter how you are balancing everything. However, using foods, exercises and household hacks we can together find a way to boost your energy, rediscover your libido and get you back to being you.
Laura has been fantastic at guiding me through the confusion around nutrition during pregnancy, leaving me confident I really am doing the best for my baby and me. My pregnancy has been going wonderfully so far; I don’t doubt that I have Laura to thank for a big chunk of it. I always look forward to our sessions and the new advice, research and yummy recipes she has in store for me!
– Alice College
It’s not about being a super-woman, it’s about ensuring you feel your absolute best as often as possible. Along with working on what you need, I also offer advice on prenatal nutrition (beyond folic acid!), weaning programs for your baby and foods for fussy toddlers.
There is so much confusion around food today and I help you cut through the conflicting advice so you can feel confident that you’re nourishing yourself and your family in a way that’s sustainable and affordable.
Here are some of the key areas I cover:
- Prenatal nutrition. How to prepare your body for baby. Along with foods and supplements I also talk through ways you can reduce your exposure to chemicals/toxins in the home.
- Weaning programs. Confused about whether to start with baby-led weaning, and portion sizes? I’ll help you create weekly programs your baby will LOVE, that you can make in 2 hours.
- Body Back. There are more google results for ‘Getting your Body Back after Baby’ then there are for Justin Bieber. I understand how hard it is to eat well when you’re running on next to no sleep – but it can be done and convenience is key. Let’s talk!
- Simple Recipes that only require 2 or 3 ingredients and take 10 minutes to make.
- Gut Health. Did you know that stress and lack of sleep can affect the balance of bacteria in your gut? Or that when you’re pregnant, your bacteria helps to set up your newborns immune response? I talk through foods to nourish your inner ecosystem and banish bloating and discomfort.
You can tell the author is a journalist – this book is EXTREMELY informative and easy to read. After Bill Henderson’s ‘Cancer-Free’, this is the best book on alternative treatments of cancer I’ve read, period.
– Charlotte, about ‘Mum’s Not Having Chemo’